1. Gateway Volkswagen is an organistion that is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles is available for your perusal at our premises or you may obtain a copy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
2. Gateway Volkswagen collects and holds the following types of personal information: names and addresses of customers, email addresses, dates of birth, telephone and mobile numbers, drivers license details, bank account details, credit card details, photographs.
3. Gateway Volkswagen collects personal information directly from individuals or from list purchases, publically available sources of information, or referrals from individuals or other entities.
4. Personal information held by Gateway Volkswagen is stored onsite on the company’s own servers.
5. Your personal information may be used or disclosed in order to verify your identity, provide our services, administer and manage our services including charging, billing and collecting debts, marketing our products and services, provide information to our finance and insurance providers, provide you with warranty information.
6. Occasionally, Gateway Volkswagen contracts out services to a third party that carries out work that cannot be performed by Gateway Volkswagen at our premises. Personal information that might be given to these companies includes: names and contact details for the purpose of mailing services, billing and debt recovery, market research etc.
7. Gateway Volkswagen may disclose your personal information to some overseas recipients such as Mazda Motor Corporation head office in Japan. Personal information that might be given to such companies include: names and contact details etc.
8. You have a right to access personal information held about you subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access the personal information that Gateway Volkswagen holds about you, please contact Bill Harvey or phone (03) 9374 2222.
9. Gateway Volkswagen takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and discloses is accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact Bill Harvey or phone (03) 9374 2222 to let us know if there are any errors in your personal information or if you need to update personal information such as your contact details.
11. If you would like further information about the way Gateway Volkswagen manages personal information then please contact Bill Harvey or phone (03) 9374 2222.